Since 2010 the RSPB have managed the land belonging to and in partnership with United Utilities in the Dovestones area. Amongst other things they have:
- Planted numerous trees in various parts.
- Carried out moorland restoration with United Utilities.
- Installed bird feeders at various locations.
- New signposts have been erected.
- New picnic tables have been installed
- A new viewing platform has been set up in Binn Green Picnic Site
- A night barrier and parking charges set up at Binn Green Picnic Site.
- Small lengths of footpaths created and ponds installed.
- Extra bins and new dog poo bins have been installed.
- Have published a Dove Stone Memory Bank booklet
- RSPB staff are based here full-time. Guided walks are available with their staff.
PLEASE SEE THE RSPB WEBSITE FOR DETAILS OF VARIOUS OTHER THINGS